Monday 1 April 2013

Posted by Hira Shaheen On 02:55

A wave of utter confusion passed through my mind……The MCAT answer sheet was snatched away from me…I couldn't do my best…the test , so easy…Still , I missed a few due to shortage of time…
Walking out of the examination hall with a tension in the heart……

Not being able to return smiles to the friends…Telling my father that it went well…Hiding the tears in my eyes behind sunglasses while crossing “King Edward Medical University” (My Aim) on my way back to home….was a great deal to bear..

Finally, gave the outburst of tears on reaching my room. It didn't go THAT bad. I had missed about 10-13 questions/numerical which I had left for rechecking the answers once again in the end. However, what actually made me sad was that I won’t get the marks which I would have easily attained on this test.
Anyway,
….Waiting anxiously for the answer key…refreshing UHS website again n again…

Finally it was uploaded. With trembling cold hands (Kup-kapataay thanday haath :p) I started evaluation. It came out 964, giving me an aggregate above 88…

Okayyyy…
So, I am going to Allama Iqbal Medical College…
Jo hota hai achay k liye hota hai… Ya Allah Tera shukar hai…

Immediately, broke the news to family and friends….
Now, the worse thing came, wait and wait. Yes, wait for official result and merit list…
 Honestly speaking, I still had the hope of getting admission in KEMU and that is what made me keep praying but the official result shattered my hopes further, giving me 952 instead of 964.
Now, I had settled my mind to AIMC , although family members and friends of my parents (which were doctors as well) kept saying Insha’Allah King Edward ho jae ga… *Sighs*
Days went on…Dil ki bechaini brhti rahi :p
I wasn’t able to find that complete sukoon  which I had imagined to get after MCAT…

And then THE DEADLY (Medical awaam pr BIJLI ki tarha girnay wali ) NEWS…
                              “Merit of Medical Colleges in Punjab surpassed 84%”      
 Depression, Depression, Depression…

Uncertainty everywhere…Getting calls from friends…
ab kya hoga , ab kya hoga ???
Kahan merit ae ga???

It was time to consider other options.
Okay…
SIMS…and then the new college Ameer Ud Din…but PMC (where my father studied) ko upar rkhoun ya Ameer Ud din….SIMS se b kam na aa jae merit :-/ Ya Allah ! Allama Iqbal mein e aa jae, chahay neeche ae..  Merit wali khabar sachi ya jhoothi ????
Uff
…The Dilemma….

And Then I saw the Building…..The Building Of SIMS (Yes, wohi race course k samnay wali :P)
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
Wowwwwwwwww !!!!
And then the “Angoor khattay” moment… “KE ki building to itni purani c hai, location b buri….SIMS ki ala ^_^
And different friends and professors at UHS telling my father that SIMS has currently the best faculty of all Medical colleges. The feeling that I am not that doomed, SIMS has got something.

The Beauty of SIMS refreshed my mind and helped me getting out of that so-called depression.

Tick, Tick, Tick..

The Merit List Announced….
It was SIMS…Merit no. 74

Happy n thankful to Allah, but still a bit of sadness deep inside….
Getting comments from relatives like
“Kis ne socha tha HASSAN ka SIMS mein ae ga” :p

However, I had made up my mind that I was destined to SIMS and main thing is that I have to make the best of it now. College started. It was tough in the beginning (due to obvious reasons :p) but that’s another story. ;)


4 months have passed now, and something has happened …Something that has connected me to SIMS…(don’t worry folks ! I won’t write the “Something” in this article :p). And I already feel that I would never have been complete without SIMS….. <3




True…!
Jo hota hai, Achay k liye hi hota hai
J


But Wait !
Abhi ISHQ ke imtehaan aur bhi hain :D 



15 comments :

  1. AALaw ... HAssan Nawaz... Nice story... U got talent as a writer too....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Haha! Pretty descriptive.Hassan Nawaz you're good. (y) And love the images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha.....bhot ala hay... kia talent hay.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice work Boy !!
    Thumbs up !! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's called quality work.SIMSONIANS ROCK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alaaaaa :P and thanx for using my pic as a reference of showing sims beauty :P

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks All :)
    And its a really classy pic Rida baji :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. KE has an old building but a historic one. And it does look pretty at times :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice blog thanx for sharing, we At Capital Bolts Our primary focus is on providing high-quality products from many manufacturers.
    Din 964
    Din 965
    Din 966
    Din 6912
    Din 6921
    Din 7500
    Din 7504
    Din 7971
    Din 7972
    Din 7973

    ReplyDelete