Wednesday 19 June 2013

Posted by Hira Shaheen On 10:28
Although I’m a fistula and there are bunch of things about SIMS I still don’t know, I love SIMS. I love my institution in all means and I feel proud being here. Yes, I mean it, I feel proud being here despite the fact that not so many people know SIMS is government institution. Okay, here comes that oldie-goldie famous quotation that nothing is flawless and of course SIMS is not an exception to this. Taking this point, I came up with crazy idea of scribbling things I hate about SIMS. Although I had to think hard to come up with a list, I got ten of them here.

Stairs- Yes, Stairs, stairs and stairs.. No doubt these stairs serve an awesome place for routine photo-shoots for Facebook display pictures but they are hectic and they are just too much in number!

No sign Board- Yes, we have an amazing building right in the center of Lahore but its sign board-less! And that is why we have to bear a creepy gawk with a creepier question from every other person that ‘’SIMS private hai kya?” I mean seriously, it is one of the best medical institutions of Punjab and got theetiest first year with high merit this year! At least a sign board is what our college authorities can afford.

No sitting/common room- We need a sitting room here. Yes, we do. I mean if we ever have a visitor, the only choice is to drag them to our café which has empty and neat food cabins after break. They present brilliant example of neatness, I must say!

No fans- Centrally Air conditioned building, eh? What about those creepy days when we don’t have chillers? They make the best memories, I must say! Yes, we have got a fan-less building. I wonder why the administration went amnesic and forgot that they were building this institution in Pakistan.

No Transport system- Best college with best of everything but no transport system. Being a day scholar, I hate this and that’s all.

Useless Cafe- When we had no cafe  we used to run to McDonalds and grabbing student deals there. Now, we have cafe  we still do this. But the problem is not with us. Yes, I mean honestly, who wants to eat that gourmet crap? This is probably most frustrating thing second to the floor number and timings of cafe of course.

No mirrors in Bathrooms- Does it seem funny to you? Ask a girl and she will tell you! Seriously this is a real torture for girls. We want MIRRORS!! :D

No proper hostels- I want to have look on those imaginary hostels which are under construction for dear simsonians. No proper hostels are available and apart from the sarcasms, this is real problem for hostel-iets who are forced to live in those messy buildings with no water and occasional electricity supply.

Montessori mode- Whatever people have to say about the independence in professional institutes, Simsonians have to bear a constant Montessori mode. Honestly, they still treat us like primary students who need babysitting round the clock.

Study Study and Study- Yes, medical is difficult and you have to study a lot but when you are in SIMS, you are forced to study. Fail a test and give supply, be unfortunate and give an additional chance, miss it again and you go to supra supply and then there may be a repeater as well to serve you if you are still too lazy.

So, that’s my list. No offence meant and it’s just an evidence of the fact that I have nothing to study today :D

3 comments :

  1. wrote on reality basis....

    ReplyDelete
  2. one correction : the doctor's hostel.. girls ka.. wahan koi light nae jatiii.. not even load shedding. they have electricity around the clock. even better then home.
    and abt the supply n supra supply thing.. the "forced" studying its only in the first two years. and trust me for anatomy tht kinda discipline is needed. wait till u get to third year. no body gives a shit. we are literally begging the departments to tke tests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. are there diff hostels for drs and stdts?

      Delete