Monday 22 April 2013

Posted by Hira Shaheen On 09:43
I confess that I have been reading a lot of confessions lately, and not just those from my Alma mater i.e. SIMS. Like most of my readers I too have KC, LC and FJMC confessions opened right now in a tab near this one. Confessions on these pages are aplenty and vary from, 'every night i see you' to 'i never want to see you again'. A gentle stroll across these pages and you can find everything. Everything part money and the missing persons obviously, no one can find them.

It is like reading someone' diary and enjoying their intimate and personal experiences whilst having no knowledge of the person or persons involved. But that is not always the case; most confessions would hide the first person but make no secret of the second person. No fear of repercussion means no fear at all. Go big or go home.

Going with the flow of our generation, most confessions are romantic. Can't help but imagine the late great Nazia Hassan singing 'Internet Pyar, and uncle Qaedo disconnecting Heer's WI-FI once and forever to solve the little mess she found herself in. Bit of a thought is, if confessions aren't supposed to give anything away, why confess a romantic interest? And if a hint gives it away, confess face to face.

The confession page admin' must be in for treats, a few naive people leaving just too much of their info in the hands of someone they do not know and certainly cannot trust. Then again the admin' do confess that complete anonymity is and will be maintained. Is it? We'd never know.

During these few days I've read a few champion confessions as well, 'I confess I am fat' was one of them, the weight machine always testifies for that one. This confession affecting self-esteem, is again conveniently done in anonymity.

In the end I have a few confessions of my own to make.

Mr. XYZ or GMA says,
I confess I've made a few confessions myself, some true. I confess a lot more people read these confession pages than the 'LIKES' of these pages. I confess this wave of confessions will die its eventual death. I confess the fun is good till it lasts.

That monkey with the match-stick ended up burning itself.


3 comments :

  1. yeap but I predict this new fad won't really die but continue forever at a baseline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, i think it will die or at least lessen, like those tips pages and craze of Indian dramas :P everything has a peak time.

      Delete