Sunday 7 April 2013

Posted by Hira Shaheen On 08:14

Sleepless nights in hot(it is starting to get hot) are really unwelcoming for  me, busy in thoughts and abusing WAPDA, yesterday night, I just imagined What if really, I were the Principal of SIMS? LOL
1st reaction was a laugh, then, slowly I realized, I should think what if it really happens? After all they say nothing is impossible.
Starting the day with Mercedes car, I use to order my driver to take me to the college at 10am, after a full fledge breakfast. Doing some office work in air conditioned and spacious room, and completing the remaining hours of sleepless night on the soft ,airy Sofa in my office, attending meeting with Academic council (who most would like to rusticate a student and I would happily decline them) , and reading up some applications and signing some of them, a jam-packed lunch at my lunch room and ending of day with a bachelor party with my friends at Hardees or any way around . It would be a perfect life for me to pass with my driver, cook(principal has his own cook) , friends (no one else please).I might even scare some students just by walking past them and giving them a frown, that would keep them upset for a day :D
 Getting serious to the topic, I had realized that there are number of things in the University that need to be seriously addressed, the 1st and foremost thing about the college, I do is:



  • Establish a sports complex of our own
  • Placement of complaint boxes throughout the campus
  • Staying in touch personally with students and  their Affairs
  • Unannounced and Unexpected visits at different departments
  • Make sure that Central Air conditioning actually works.
  • Establishing Permanent Hostels for boys
  • Installing secret cameras in the Hostels ;)
  • Centralized bus system of College for day scholars
  • Establishing an actual student Alumuni organization
  • Setting up a Guidance office for the ones going for Licensing Exams
  • And Organizing the first ever convocation of the institute
  • Improve the IT system of the college and making sure that college website actually gets updated regularly
  • Hiring teachers who are GOOD at TEACHING and not just have degrees.

I know, it’s easy to do say all such stuff in an article, and way difficult to do on ground. I understand the position of a Principal too. But there are number of expectations from all the students with you Sir. There are number of issues of students and faculty that require your attention.
Note: The idea of jotting down this article was not to target any personality; publishing it just to seek attention of authorities.W hat changes would you bring as a principal? Let us know.

3 comments :

  1. Dude plz become the principal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cameras at hostel.. Lol... Imagine u would say set them up in washrooms :P

    ReplyDelete